Crystal Warriors [Strategy/RPG Game]
Potential Pros & Cons
- Nice visuals with bright colors and large characters
- You are given opportunities to move around a town before battles
- You can use up to nine characters in battle
- Characters have different elements and move across terrain differently so the game requires some strategy, but...
- Buy items and spells as well as hire characters at certain points
- There is a two player versus mode available
- Story is simple and dialogue is generic at best
- You can capture monsters of different elements to offset the strategy of the game by a fair deal
- No class changing or anything of the sort
- Once characters die, they stay dead
- Music is mostly average
- Weapons and armor don't indicate how much they boost your
potential; you must figure it out yourself
- Game is fairly short
"Portable strategy RPGs aren't too common nowadays and they were definitely a rarity back in the early nineties. The characters are cute and charming, but with a simple plot, average music, and a couple of gameplay flaws, Crystal Warriors is not for everyone. Still, it's a good way to kill some time when traveling and fans looking for some old-school SRPG entertainment may find Crystal Warriors to be enjoyable."
Wanna say your piece in here? Let us know at the GS forums or through e-mails!
Back to Crystal Warriors Review
Back to Game Gear Reviews Page
Back to the Video Game Reviews Page
Back to the Game Info Archive
Back to the Sanctuary Entrance
For more cool stuff, check out the General Gaming Interest and Video Game Scans sections. Price ranges based on eBay, Play-Asia, Japan Game Stock, and other factors. Prices are for complete copies.
|All content shown in Gaming Sanctuary belong to their respective owners.