Rise of the Dragon [Text Adventure/ Digital Novel Game]
Potential Pros & Cons
- Decent imagery and a nice dismal atmosphere
- Cool dialouge that's nearly entirely voiced and a tough protagonist
- Two types of shooting modes: Shooting in a scene and side-scroller (like an action game)
- Many scenarios, clips, and things to consider
- Chinese pimps and the Chinese mafia are present in this game
- Numerous endings
- Graphics of the side-scroller segments look very primitive and crude
- Some objects are hard to identify
- Side-scroller segments' controls are a little slugish
"Rise of the Dragon is a treat for the console gamer who wants to play a more PC oriented text-adventure style game. These types of games on a console are somewhat of a rarity outside of Japan, and Rise of the Dragon is actually a good one and moderately affordable. If you have a Sega CD, love your Sega CD, and don't have this game, then you owe it to yourself to pick this one up."
Wanna say your piece in here? Let us know at the GS forums or through e-mails!
Back to Rise of the Dragon Review
Back to Sega CD Reviews Page
Back to the Video Game Reviews Page
Back to the Game Info Archive
Back to the Sanctuary Entrance
For more cool stuff, check out the General Gaming Interest and Video Game Scans sections. Price ranges based on eBay, Play-Asia, Japan Game Stock, and other factors. Prices are for complete copies.
|All content shown in Gaming Sanctuary belong to their respective owners.