The Terminator [Action Game/Run N' Gun]
Potential Pros & Cons
- Fairly decent movie-to-game adaptation
- Altered graphical style is a plus, since it's more dark and brooding like the Terminator film
- Most characters have nice animation, Kyle Reese has a good run cycle
- Clever level design where nearly every segment of every level can be approached in a clever manner
- Moderately challenging
- Excellent audio
- More than twice as many levels as the Genesis game
- While the graphics are decent, some levels look a little sparse
- Awful FMVs with no voice-overs or anything
- Not 100% true to the film, which may irk some people
- Only two primary weapons: Guns and grenades/dynamite
- Could have been a lot more than what it was
"The Sega CD version of The Terminator is perhaps one of the best versions available, but this still isn't saying too much to all the diehard Terminator fans out there. It's a competent action game, but it isn't that great."
Wanna say your piece in here? Let us know at the GS forums or through e-mails!
Back to The Terminator Review
Back to Sega CD Reviews Page
Back to the Video Game Reviews Page
Back to the Game Info Archive
Back to the Sanctuary Entrance
For more cool stuff, check out the General Gaming Interest and Video Game Scans sections. Price ranges based on eBay, Play-Asia, Japan Game Stock, and other factors. Prices are for complete copies.
|All content shown in Gaming Sanctuary belong to their respective owners.